Saturday, December 28, 2019

Today's The Day

Normally, I wait until New Year's Day to take down my Christmas decorations but this morning, with fresh snow or the ground and very cold temperatures, it seemed like today was the day to put Christmas away and bring out the snowmen.

I love my miniature Snowmen quilts.





This last little snowman with the birdhouse and birds was my Christmas gift from my sister this year.  I love all the little bird buttons.  The bird house is made from a piece of our Mother's suit, so has special meaning to each of us. 


6 comments:

  1. Hi Nola!

    I also took down all things Christmas yesterday. It seems like I put them up later each year. and take them down earlier. I also use less each year...I must be getting old ;0)

    I love a cute snowman! Your little quilts are just cute as can be. How sweet to add a snippet of your mom's suit to the quilt, I love that!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barb. I can't believe I used to decorate every room in my house. Now,like you, it's getting simpler and simpler because I have to put it all away again.

      Delete
  2. I love your Snowmen quilts Nola - and the special meaning behind the one your sister made you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It really is fun to have that little snipet from Mom's suit.

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. It always brightens my day to know you were here. If you do not have a blog or are set at "no-reply" please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply. Nola