this afternoon cutting more of these:
...And these:
...into 5, 4, and 3 1/2 inch blocks, plus strips. As I was cutting these
the thought came into my mind that I was never going to
get this fabric all used up. So, why not ask if anyone out
there in blogging land would be interested in some 80's
fabrics. I have baskets and some bolts of fabric left from
my business and really have been trying to use it up.
For a long time I couldn't face looking at all this fabric
that was left. So, it was boxed, covered and stored for
a later time. Well, that time has come! With the help of
friends, we have been making pillowcases, pillowcase
dresses and scrap quilts for charity. But, there is still
soooo much that needs to be used.
So am wondering if there would be any interest in making
up some 5 inch charm packs and having a give away. I
know many of you are involved in charity work and perhaps
could use some extra fabric. Perhaps you love the 80's
country blues, mauves, peaches and greens and would love
to create something with them.
As you communicate with other quilting bloggers I would
appreciate it if you would mention my desire to share this
fabric with others. Would appreciate your response to this
idea and any others you come in contact with. Leave me
a message here and if there is enough response, I'll get
busy cutting! Am thinking the charm packs could be a
mixture of the above colors (blue, mauve, peach, green)
or just one color???
or just one color???
Let me know what you think, one color or mixed,
good idea or not!
good idea or not!
Thanks,
Nola
I think that is a lovely idea. I love the colors you are showing and think it is a case of what is old is new again.
ReplyDeleteWow, that would be so generous of you! I'm thinking there may be a local chapter of Project Linus or Quilts for Kids that would love to have some of your fabric! Or even a local quilting guild...many of them make charity quilts. But of course a blogging giveaway would be so great ... I love 5 inch charms and I think any combination would be wonderful.
ReplyDeleteI would personally love to have some of your wonderful fabrics....are you selling it? If so, that is good too.... How do you want me to post about this?
ReplyDeleteNola, that IS very generous of you. I think it is a grand idea! ~karen
ReplyDeleteI'd love to win a mixed charm pack of the squares--the 80's are very memorable for me!
ReplyDeleteWhat a generous and wonderful idea. Personally, I love the colors together you have posted and think they would make great one color charm packs. I can't decide which I like better the pinks or blues! Both are so pretty and I think anyone would be happy to have some of these fabrics!
ReplyDeleteAwesome idea!! What a great way to add some new punch to my donation quilts. As Barb asked, how do you want us to let others know?
ReplyDeleteCarolyn
It is really nice of you. I am wondering if international "orders" would count. Naturally would pay for the shipping and handling.
ReplyDeleteI would LOVE to have some of both the pinks and the blues, and would be willing to pay for it. But, if you are serious about giving it away, please put me on the list.
ReplyDeleteIf you are interested in selling some by the yard, please please please email me at fabgrandma at gmail.com
I'm a fairly new quilter, one year, and would love charm packs of these fabrics. I'll blog about it.
ReplyDeleteI would love to get some of that lovely 80's fabric..if I receive some i promise to wear big hair when I sew with it!!! You are sweet to offer free fabric..
ReplyDeleteWow, i just came from Barb's and read her post. I know what you mean, sometimes you just cannot look at a fabic any more. I would love a mixture of fabrics and they can be scraps, you do not need to take the tine to cut them. thank you so much for this chance. I am now going to post this on my blog. thanks!!
ReplyDeletei'm thinking i'd love to have some 80's fabric.....i've only been quilting 5 years, so all my fabric is new, and i was five in 1980....i especially love the 1930's repro fabric.yummy...barb sent me over
ReplyDeletei think making charm packs is a great idea. the fabrics look lovely, i love the blue strips with hearts fabric.
ReplyDeleteI would be more than happy to take any fabric you want to get rid of to make into Project Linus quilts. If that's one charm pack great! If it's more than that...even better! Thanks for this opportunity! :0)
ReplyDeleteI would love some fabrics! I love fabrics that aren't necessarily "in", because they're so much cooler, and everyone is jealous of where you got them :) :) :)
ReplyDeleteLet me know what you decide!
I would love to win or purchase some of your Charm packs. I think I would go with packs that have assorted all of one colors. I will post your giveaway on my blog right now. I see that you and I are members of the same Church. Nice to have a new LDS blogger friend.
ReplyDeleteI would love to have some of your beautiful charms to add to my quilts. I think they would all make a wonderful mix with white on white! How very giving of you.
ReplyDeleteI think it is a great idea and I love all those colors. Mixed or just one would work if I won any.
ReplyDeleteThat is so kind and generous of you. I have been making quilts for Project Linus for a few years and we always appreciate any and all cotton fabric. I belong to the Greater Twin Cities group and meet is Oakdale, Minnesota. You can make contact with my group if you go to Project Linus website or you can contact me. Phyllis in Minnesota
ReplyDeleteGiveaway's are always a great idea. You can do more than one winner or do a giveaway a week for a while.
ReplyDeleteWOW that fabric is fantastic. I think it would be great if you could find a charity to give it too.
ReplyDeleteBarb linked me up to you... a very generous offer.... Iknow of a couple of groups that would love to have some matching fabrics to make up charity quilts. I'd also love to have some to add to my little pile of charms - which will be made into something special when I have enough. I will give you a mention on my blog too...... Hugz
ReplyDeleteI would love some 80 material. I just started quilting 2 years ago so I only have new material I love the soft colors Thanks if I get some
ReplyDeleteHave just found your blog and enjoyed
ReplyDeleteLove the pink fabric So nice of you to think of giving it away
I think you have a great idea. Charms would be cute with this fabric and someone could add other fabric, as appropriate, to make a beautiful quilt.
ReplyDeleteSewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
I love fabric, whether current or from the past, so count me in as someone who would appreciate having some of your stash. I'll be happy to blog about it, too.
ReplyDeleteI would love some of your 80's fabric. I love the smaller forals and colors . i am an aussie girl so i do not know whether you plan on sending it OS .Thanks for your generosity.
ReplyDeleteI think this is a great idea. I know that my granddaughters would love to have squares already cut out for them.
ReplyDeleteWOW! This is a wonderful idea!
ReplyDeleteI sew/quilt for several charity groups and this would really help the budget! Thank you for sharing! Love,Linda
I think charm packs would be delightful. I too have some fabric from the 80's and these would make a wonderful addition. What a very cool quilt it would make for my daughter :-)
ReplyDeleteI would be grateful for any fabric - whatever you could spare.
ReplyDeleteI think this is so wonderful what you are doing, and I would love to have some of blue and the mauve mix, however I would be willing to pay for it, the fabric is beautiful and I remember buying and using some of these pieces in the 80's so it bring back a very fond memory! Thanks for sharing..
ReplyDeleteThanks
What a generous idea. I would be thankfull for some blue and mauve fabric, as they are missing in my stack.
ReplyDeletehello, well the word has got out, kinda, i'm here from Sweet Pea Creations via 15 Minutes... and i've gotta say that i LOVE the 180s fabrics you have!
ReplyDeleteApart from other projects, i'm making a hexie charm quilt, with a lot of my own, my mum's and my nan's cast off clothes... it would be wonderful to add some more vintage fabrics. Thanks for thinking! (i'm in the UK, i dont know if you'd ship internationally for a winner?)
I too, would personally love to have some of your wonderful fabrics... How kind of you! They would make lovely charity quilts!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful idea, your fabrics are beautiful! These will make some stunning quilts :)
ReplyDeleteHow kind of you! I came over from 15 minutes. I have been promising (or threatening) to make a Christmas quilt for ages, so Christmas fabrics would be wonderful for me. Best wishes from England
ReplyDeleteI would love to have some of the fabric...How sweet of you! It will be wonderful to include some of them in a quilt.
ReplyDeleteAll the best from Ireland!
Micki
I heard about what you are doing from Barbara at Bejeweled. What a lovely idea, and what great use you have been putting this fabric to. I know, that's not grammatically correct. But, I would love to have some of your charm packs. I belong to an online group and we make charity quilts that start with the friendship star. The charm squares are perfect for making the star. We do everything else in white. Members make them from their scraps so each quilt made is pretty scrappy. We have members with embroider machines who put different hearts on the center block. We call them Healing Hearts quilts.
ReplyDeleteThe fabrics are beautiful. Your offer is very generous and greatly appreciated. I would love some of the fabric.
ReplyDeleteThey look so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteNot sure how it will be if they were mixed.
Hope International commenters also will be considered ;D
That's an awesome idea! My nan has a bunch of stuff from the 80's and 90's that I have no idea what to do with... she recently got a go so I was going to suggest this to her lol!
ReplyDeleteYou should try etsy when you get the packs made up... I bet you could easily get $5 for a charm pack. It's great cotton and people are always looking for something different!