weather. One minute the sun is shining, the next
the clouds have covered it and we're getting snow
showers. The wind is light, but it is cold, making it a
good day to be inside working.
Recently found a new recipe for cookies that I wanted
to try so while the dough was chilling in the fridge, I
was able to get most of the fabric cut for another
project that has been taking up space on my shelves.
Now I just need to decide what to use for the
background fabric. Will probably have to take a couple
of the pieces with me to the quilt store and see what
looks good. Since the charm pack I'm using is "Lovely"
by Sandy Gervais for Moda, I should probably use her
cream solids. Will just have to see what jumps out
at me when I go shopping.
Stay Safe and Be Well,
Nola
Lovely indeed! I love her fabrics! I've found that Kona Bone is a good solid that goes with most of her fabrics, or I also sometimes use unbleached ecology cloth or high quality muslin. You can find the Kona at Joann's and use a 40 or 50% off coupon for one cut and get it for real cheap. That quilt will be nice!
ReplyDeleteMGM
That is going to be a really pretty quilt--
ReplyDeletecan't wait to see it finished!!!
How did the cookies turn out????
Hugs, and have a safe week end--
Di and miss gracie
Hi Nola!
ReplyDeleteI've missed you! Just look at all of these wonderful projects - my goodness, where do you find the time?! I love the colors for your new project, so springy and fun! Do we get to have the cookie recipe?
We finally got some snow the last couple of days, the first really significant snowfall of the year - can you believe it?! I am looking forward to Spring and warm weather - I'm truly about frozen right to the core!
Have a wonderful week-end!
Hugs,
Barb
Love the pretty colors. Hope the cookies are yummy!
ReplyDeleteOOh, can't wait to see what you make with that pretty fabric. Kirsten and I have been making cookies, too! Decided we'd like to try our hand at decorating. What fun we had, although it's obvious it will take a lot of practice. Wonder if we'll get as sick of cookies as we did of cake? At least with cookies we can do it together. She really got into it and is a natural.
ReplyDeleteIt's lovely to see more Lovely fabrics! I still need to get my Lovely Dresdens layered and quilted one of these days.
ReplyDeleteHad to take another look at your lovely fabrics. Stephanie sent me some leftover flannel to make more small quilts for the NICU, so after a trip to JoAnn's for flannel backing and another batch of cookies to decorate later in the week, I sewed 3 more quilt tops together!! It's from Connecting Threads and oh, so soft!
ReplyDeleteI love the colors of the fabric. Very rich and inviting. You'll have to post the background you choose. I love that it looks like it could be left out for every season of the year spring through winter.
ReplyDelete