Monday, March 5, 2012

Play Day Today!

Today was the perfect day to play:  clear blue skies,
temperature about 63F.  It felt like Spring!

My friend came down from Logan and we visited our
favorite quilt shops hoping to find something new for
Spring.

Arriving at Pine Needles we were disappointed that
there was still a lot of Valentine items on display
with a few St. Patrick's Day items.  We were hoping
for Easter and Spring ideas.  But once we found out
that Holly had slipped on the ice outside their door
and broke her leg in two places, we understood why
they were a little behind on things.  But, we did
find a couple of items:


















Sorry, the picture's a little blurry.  This was on
sale and I figured by next Valentine's Day I could
find a use for it.

Found these two charm packs there and the
Scnibbles pattern at Quilter's Haven.  So glad I
had coupons with me!


















Was also excited to find this beautiful pale
yellow solid for the background of my
Domino quilt.  Wish it showed the yellow
better instead of looking like cream. You'll just have
to take my word that it is pale yellow.  Hopefully, I
can finish cutting out the remaining pieces and
start sewing it together tomorrow.

















And, finally this peach paisley from JoAnn's.  It will
be used to stitch Kaaren's "Easter All Around"
stitchery.


Our time today really flew by, but it was wonderful
to be out and about on such a lovely, sunny day!

Stay Well and Be Safe,

Nola

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like quilters heaven to go shopping with a friend that loves to do what you do. It was a lovely day yesterday and I loved the warmth and sunshine. Now it is back to the good old dreary day. I loved all the materials and patterns. Our ward is doing a quilt with 5 blocks from each sister representing serving moments. It is such a great idea. I guess I will need to go out and get some material too.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nola!

    63 degrees!!! It is sooo cold and snowy here in Idaho, brrrrrr! Please soak some of that sunshine in for me!

    I just love to shop for fabric, not that I use it, but I love to shop for it! I just adore the peach paisley - I can't wait to see the Easter stitchery that you make with it!

    Noting better than shopping with a good friend, so glad you had a good time!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. It always brightens my day to know you were here. If you do not have a blog or are set at "no-reply" please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply. Nola