already. Time is flying by and I've got to step it
up if I want to get ahead of things for Christmas. I
am making progress, however. But first things first.
This week we celebrated my grandson's fifth
birthday with ice cream sandwiches. He didn't
want cake!
---And, presents, of course!
Happy Birthday, Kohler!
I have also completed the four snowman blocks
and the four sled blocks for the wall hanging my
daughter and I are doing. Now we just have
the snowflake blocks to do and then we can
assemble the top.
Today my daughter took all 96 of these home to
cut out:
tissue holders. They will be put in the Christmas
box for gifts to friends and co-workers that I like
to remember with a little something.
I really like Arlette's tutorial that I found. She teaches
you how to do a French Seam so there are no raw
edges.
In between sewing I have been working a history of
my years in elementary school and have been able
to connect up with three of my friends I went to
school with. We've had a lot of fun reminiscing about
those good old school days!
And, on a final note, after 7 weeks the bandage
on my ear is finally off. Yeah! It feels so good
even if the skin is still a little tight. But that
will change in time. My Dr. just cautioned me to
avoid getting my ear boxed---so guess no boxing
matches for me! lol
I love that you are getting ready for Christmas already. I like the tissue boxes a lot and will look at the tutorial.
ReplyDeleteWe just had two grandson birtdays this week. We were able to celebrate the one at our home. It's always fun to have birthday moments with the family.
I love your quilting project and Iam sure you will post pictures of the finished quilt.
You are inspiring me to start working on my own history.
I am so happy you got the bandages off. Yes, don't get into any boxing matches.
Blessings to you!