I have been blessed to have an amazing older sister.
She is not only my only sibling, but she is my best
friend, confidant, teacher, and an awesome example.
Separated by several years and a few differences
as we grew up, we now have a wonderful bond.
I am so grateful our Heavenly Father has spared
her life and that she is still with us. While she
and her husband were serving a mission in
Texas she had a heart attack and has had heart
problems ever since.
Plans were made for us to spend yesterday, the
7th, together. I was going to drive down to her
home and we were planning to visit and go to
lunch and what-ever she might feel up to. But
that all changed when I got a phone call about
8:00 a.m. saying she was in the hospital.
I spent the day with her and her husband while
they tried to regulate her heart. Shocking it
three times did not do it. But, I am happy to say
that about a hour after I left her heart settled
down to a normal rhythm. No more 153 beats
a minute.
She was able to come home today and although
she is tired---very little sleep, she is doing well for
which I am so very grateful.
Happy Birthday to the best sister ever! I can hardly
wait for our luncheon date.
2 hours ago

Nola, I am so glad your sister is doing better. I will add her to my prayers. Happy birthday to your big sister.
ReplyDeletethat will not be a birthday you will all forget to easily... glad to hear your sister is better and back at home....
ReplyDeleteHugz
Oh, thank goodness, Nola. How scary! I'm so glad she is doing better. Happy Birthday to her with all my best!!
ReplyDeleteOh Nola, I am so glad she is OK. What a scare for sure; sending prayers for her. I think it is so awesome that you are close. I didn't have a sister and always wanted one. I am so happy I have three girls that I had so much fun raising. They don't live near one another so they don't get to be together very often. It is always sweet when they are.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and hugs to you both. I loved your picture.