Thursday, July 26, 2012

Getting Started!

My daughter and I decided to do a couple of
Christmas projects together, so I've been busy
cutting and sewing the last couple of days.  As it
is hard for her to find time to work on these
projects with three very active little boys, I
thought I'd get started.

I have cut 96 of these:













It really went quite fast as I layered the fabric and
used my rotary cutter and new rotating cutting
board.

Then I started sewing them in rows to be cut a
little later.  Hopefully, she will be able to help
with these in her spare (?) time!






Last November we picked up kits for a wallhanging
and planned on doing it after Christmas.  I did get
everything cut out in January, but then it has sat
for the last five months.  Today seemed like a good
day to work on the blocks while I was busy sewing
triangles.

Got the mittens all sewn together:

















Tomorrow maybe I can finish sewing the triangles
and get a start on the snowmen after I get some
yard work done.

5 comments:

  1. How fun to have projects with your daughter. I love the things you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nola. Those triangles look interesting. I will be on the look out to see what you do with them. I love the mitten block. I worked on several different things today too. It feels good to actually be getting some things done. Have a good evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are busy with things that you love to do; and that is the best. I must say that doing the garden wouldn't be one of my choices. I do love to see your quilts some together and what an awesome project to do with a daughter.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nola!

    I love the colors of Christmas!! My granddaughter was here all last week, and she loves Christmas music - we listened to it everyday . . . it really put me in the mood to start something green and red!!

    Your quilts are so pretty!

    Hugs,
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it fun to have someone to be crafty with?? These projects look just adorable! Nice bright, crisp clean colors. Can't wait to see them when they are finished!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. It always brightens my day to know you were here. If you do not have a blog or are set at "no-reply" please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply. Nola