It was my grandson's 4th birthday!
For the last few weeks whenever he would
leave my home he would ask me to get
him balloons for his birthday. He was very
specific in colors: Orange (his favorite),
pink, blue, green and purple. As he would
get in the car and once again ask me he
would make me "Pinkie Promise" that I would
get balloons for him.
So yesterday, I kept my promise and took him
his balloons. Because he likes Toy Story I took
the liberty of adding a balloon with Buzz
Light Year and Woody.
When he came to answer the door and saw
the balloons his reaction was: "Just what
I needed." His great big smile made me happy
that I kept our "Pinkie Promise."
A couple of weeks ago Di
had a give away on her blog. She was giving
away a pair of these adorable kitty scissors.
Well, I was lucky enough to be one of the
winners.
This arrived in the mail yesterday. I was quite
surprised to see such a large package wrapped in
this fun star paper when I was only expecting a
small pair of scissors.
I quickly tore off the wrappings and was delighted
to to find not only the scissors but this tea towel
and cosmos embroidery thread.
I have been wanting to try this thread and now I
will have the opportunity to do so on this tea
towel. I have the perfect stitchery for it.
Thank you so much, Di and Miss Gracie for your
generosity.
Decided it was time I got back to working on blocks
two and three of the Vignette mystery quilt. So this
is what I worked on yesterday and today:
Love these little "Shoofly" blocks. Three more to
go for this set. Maybe I can finish them up later this
afternoon.
But, for now I'm off to the library to pick up a book
that is being held for me.
Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by.
Nola
You are such a good grammie!! Your grandson is adorable. Congratulations on winning the scissors! May I ask how big they are? You mentioned to me in an e-mail that you'd like to try that floss!! If wishes were horses, huh?? What a clever gift - a tea towel to embroider and floss. I'll have to check out Di's site - she sounds too clever! ~karen
ReplyDeleteOh, I forgot to ask, when is YOUR birthday??
ReplyDeleteSuch a wonderful gran - and it makes such a lovely memory for your little 4 year old.... Lovely gift you got in the post... happy stitching...
ReplyDeleteHugz
You did good, grandma! It is so much fun and so easy to spoil them. (grin) Love your Shoofly blocks and those cute little scissors. Have fun embroidering your dish towel.
ReplyDeleteHappy b-day to your grandson. Now you can embroidery away on your tea towel.
ReplyDeleteWould you be interested in joining in on a Christmas fabric Swap, if so you can read about the details here, Paula's Crafty Boutique.
Happy quilting