who was driving down from Logan. We were going to
work on our January Schnibbles (only a month behind!)
We were both really excited to get started and had purchased
our fabric and everything was set to go. But, as she
drove down the canyon got the idea that we should go
visit one of our favorite quilting shops in the south
end of the valley. Of course at the mere mention of
looking for more projects (one can't have too many!)
I was all for it. We would make quick trip (is it ever
quick when at a quilt shop) and return back to my
house and work on our projects. Good plan!
But, before we left I wanted to give her her Valentine
gift I had made using Stina's hearts. This little pillow,
I thought, would make a great accent anywhere she
wanted to put it. Since I had a little fabric left from my
quilt, I decided to use it up.
She in turn gave me this adorable stitched basket with
buttonholed fabric flowers accented with star and heart
buttons. Isn't it perfect for Valentines! I absolutely
love it. She is a very talented and gifted friend!
Leaving our treasures behind we piled into my car and
headed out to see what we could find. Oh my goodness!
We found all kinds of things! Charm packs for our
February "Sunday Best" Schnibbles quilt, A Valentine
pack for a pattern we had previously purchased, plus the
patterns for February and March "Hang Up's" from
Pine Mountain Designs. We're waiting for the March kit
to be assembled and the cute black iron stand to come in
and then sadly (ha! ha!) we'll have to make another trip out
there! Another charm pack to make "Bertha" a Me and My
Sister Design.
Needless to say, we ran out of time and didn't get to start
our "Madeline" quilts. But, then there is always another
day and an excuse to get together soon.
Such a fun day! Absolutely love my new stitchery and
all the fun things we found.
Such a fun day! Absolutely love my new stitchery and
all the fun things we found.
The basket with hearts is such a sweet gift and I love the design. I've printed Stina's hearts but haven't had the time to stitch them. I love valentines.
ReplyDeleteOh my... that is very sweet.. love your pillow..that no longer are yours...:o) What a wonderful gift idea..:o)Thanks for sharing..:o)
ReplyDeleteAnd I just love the gift you got... very pretty..:o)