Tuesday, February 23, 2010

DAYBOOK














Tuesday already and time for another Daybook entry!
Time is surely flying by!

Outside my window... The sun is shining, the sky is clear and
the mountains are covered in a light blanket of snow.

I am thinking...  How blessed I am to live where we enjoy
the four distinct seasons of the year.

I am thankful for...  Daily "checking in" phone calls from
my daughter.

I am wearing...  My usual wardrobe of levi's, shirt and socks.
Every week when I enter this, I think I really need to find some-
thing different to wear.  But, then I love these comfy clothes, so
guess I won't be changing anytime soon.

I am remembering...  My Mother and how she was known as
the "hat lady".  My sister is writing a little memory of Mother and
her hats.  She always wore a hat and had a hat for every
occasion.  Even when she traveled, she came home with a new hat.
Although she had beautiful white hair, she still covered it with
a hat.  When she passed away, my daughter did a floral arrangement
with one of her hats.  We all have one of her hats as a keepsake...
even my granddaughter has one in her dress-up container.

I am going...  quilt on my bunny quilt today and sew more
pillow cases.

I am currently reading... The Ensign Magazine.  I'm a
little behind on my issues.

I am hoping...  run some errands this afternoon.

On my mind...  Making tax appointment and finishing
compiling my taxes.

Noticing that...  Spring is not too far off.  Found pansies
and crocus' in bloom yesterday.

Pondering these words...  A paragraph from Pres. Thomas 
S. Monson in the ENSIGN regarding learning lessons from the past...
"In the search for our best selves, several questions will guide
our thinking.  Am I what I want to be?  Am I closer to the
Savior today than I was yesterday?  Will I be closer yet
tomorrow?  Do I have the courage to change for the better?" 

From the kitchen...  Hot chocolates, toast, and banana

Around the house...  Same old, same old

One of my favorite things...   Brisk early morning walks
and the late winter sun warming me as I walk.

I am wishing that...  Time was not moving so quickly.

From my picture journal...  a few of Mother's hats
These are her more dressy hats.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. It always brightens my day to know you were here. If you do not have a blog or are set at "no-reply" please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply. Nola