for some reason, it didn't seem like I had much to say or show. For the longest time, I couldn't make myself sit down to the sewing machine or pick up a needle and work on my stitcheries. I felt so isolated from everyone and everything.
I'm still not at the sewing machine although I've been doing some stitching on projects that have never been completed...and they're still not! But, I am making progress.
With the good weather, I find myself wanting to be outside working in my yard and soaking up the sunshine. My daughter gave me one of her gardening boxes and so I am doing some square foot gardening and loving it. It is just right for me. Today while out weeding, I noticed a little tomato forming, 2 yellow squash, 1 zucchini and a cucumber. I've been picking spinach and lettuce to add to my salads, mug quiches, etc. Nothing like fresh produce!
New recessed lighting in my kitchen and dining are and living room has just been completed. I can't believe the difference it makes. Everything is so bright and cheerful. Have wanted to do this for ages but took some time to save up for it.
For some time I have followed some Australian blogs and have wondered where they find their wonderful and delightful stitchery patterns. I love many of the Australian designers and follow them by ordering or purchasing their patterns and books. Just the other day I stumbled on the Australian Stitch-A-Long group and was so excited to join the 16,000 plus others who have joined. As I scrolled through posts I was delighted to find patterns for many of the stitcheries I had seen posted. Now today I printed off my first block for their Christmas project. This has really excited me and I can't wait to get started. So grateful these designers are willing to share their talents and gifts with us.
Ok, enough dialogue that is probably very boring. So, here are a few of the projects I am working on:
![]() |
| Postcard Cuties for Halloween from Bunny Hill Designs |
![]() |
| More baskets from Aunt Bea's Parlor |
![]() |
| "Written in Thread" from Bareroots |
![]() |
| Table runner from class I attended a few years ago |
![]() |
| Completed wallhanging from same class as above. Now hangs in my daughters home |
Hope everyone is staying safe and well. We have had spikes in the virus the last couple of weeks so it's good to have projects and blogs to read!





good to see you back blogging.. it has been a while.... you have done some lovely stitching...
ReplyDeleteHugz
Thanks. I have missed blogging and am happy other continue to do so and inspire me with all they're doing.
Deletewow beautiful projects you have been working on well done ,hope your day is a good one xx
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by. I just visited your blog and am impressed by all you do. It's so fun to visit and see what others are doing.
DeleteI loved seeing that you had a blog posted. I love all the projects you have and I know what great work you do on these. I think it is so fun.
ReplyDeleteI'm happy you got the lights like you wanted. I do feel better if I am in a bright room vs a dark one.
I love that you are doing a garden; we are too. It's so fun to see how things are growing. We got our first radish yesterday, so we celebrated having it in a salad. It was yummy.
This is such a hard time for us all being isolated so much. I am grateful for projects to do. I love the different ways to reach out to friends and loved ones. I think blogs are fun to follow too and I miss my friends like you when you have been off for a while.
Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way!
Thanks. It's been fun seeing my garden beginning to produce. I have missed having one. I'm so glad you post still. I love reading your uplifting thoughts and seeing the pictures that you post. Take care!
DeleteI'm glad to 'see' you! I've missed your posts. Stay safe but especially stay well.
ReplyDeleteThanks. Don't know often I'll post, but it was good to be back.
DeleteI’m not posting much, either, albeit I never did. I’m not too interested in reading blog posts, either. I don’t really mind the sheltering in place, but what is going on in the US around me is very frustrating. It’s beginning to have its effects on me and I’m struggling to motivate myself. Your stitcheries are lovely. I haven’t done any embroidery for a few years now, but I still admire it so much!
ReplyDelete