Do you realize in one month the 4th of July will have
come and gone? It suddenly hit me like a ton of
bricks and I decided I best get busy on some projects
I'd like to complete before July rolls in.
About this time of the year, I put away all my
spring decorations and pull out my patriotic
items. They are left out all summer and I try to
add a new item or so each year.
I started this little project yesterday.
It is laying across my chair in the family room
waiting for me to decide if I like the flowers or if
I want to cut them down a little more. They seem
to overpower the rest of the wall hanging. So, I'll
just stare at them for a day or two until I feel good
about leaving them or trimming them more.
Today I worked on this using fabric that I have
had forever. I have a plastic file box with
what I call "patriotic fabric" (reds, blues and
creams) that really needs to be used up. Most of
the pieces are several years old, but when I started
putting them together, they didn't look too bad.
Kind of a scrappy look.
I have also been doing a little stitching.
Just about have this done and then I can
border it and hang it on the cute little
hanger I bought a couple of months ago.
Hopefully, I can finish up these projects this week
and get some binding on a couple of little quilts
I just got back from being quilted.
5 days ago
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
I was thinking about patriotic decorating, as well. Can't wait to see your finished project.
ReplyDeleteYour embroidery project is so sweet.
Enjoy!
Now you have me in a patriotic mood.....what shall I do? Love your little projects.
ReplyDeleteI just love project pictures. It is time to do a little bit more with patriotic decorating. I don't have a lot of things and I really enjoy seeing your new project. My mother used to embroidery and I did a couple of items growing up. She also loved to needlepoint. I don't know why I don't have creative talents in these areas.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and hugs!
My goodness, but you've been busy! The patriotic pieces look like they will be just perfect. I love that planned but scrappy look the very best. Isn't your stitchery just adorable? I have embroidered anything besides words in a very long time. Have a basket full of handwork to keep me busy, and not a stitchery one in the pile. Hmmmm, I'll have to do something about that!!
ReplyDelete