Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pieced Spools

Having the fabric pieces all cut for projects makes the
assembly so much easier and faster.  My friend, Jo Ann,
and I spent some time cutting the strips for our
"Spools" quilt this past week.  I've been able to piece
the top in between gardening, work and other things
during the week

Today I was able to sew the sashing to the rows and
now I am debating whether to add a border or just
leave it white and bind it with something bright and
cheerful.


















I think I would get so much more accomplished if I
just took a day once a week or even every other week
and cut all the pieces for my many projects stashed
away on shelves in my sewing room.  Then when I felt
like sewing, I could pull one of them out and stitch to
my hearts content.

But, then, it's not as much fun cutting everything out
by myself with no one to chat with.  It goes so much
faster when working with a friend.

6 comments:

  1. Love your spools quilt. Friends just make everything better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your spools quilt is wonderful, Nola. applause, applause!

    I'm a huge believer in precutting projects so when the mood strikes to sew I'm ready to go. I need spend time soon preparing some projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your spools look wonderful! I really must start working on mine one of these days! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the spools are lovely... I agree it is much more fun sewing with a friend...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love this pattern with the spools. It is just so awesome. I think it will be one of my favorite ones. It just seems unique. I do think doing a project is more fun with a friend.
    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. It always brightens my day to know you were here. If you do not have a blog or are set at "no-reply" please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply. Nola