Sunday, June 26, 2011

Making Progress

I keep telling myself that "yes" each day I am making
progress on my projects---sewing, stitching and the
house.

Last Wednesday the kids came over and shampooed
my carpets and they look soooo good.  Then while
my daughter was busy doing the carpets, I asked my
son to look at my kitchen faucet which was having
some problems to see if he could replace it for me.
Being the thorough person he is, he took a look
under the sink and noticed one of the pipes was wet
as he touched it.  Well, that was the deciding factor.
Friday I would search for a new faucet and new
traps and connectors for underneath the sink.

We really lucked out.  As he was replacing one of
the pipes later, it literally split in his hand.  Goodness,
hate to think what might have happened if no
one had been home and the pipe disintegrated.
Now I have a lovely new faucet and new pipes
and connectors under my sink!

I am really blessed to have children nearby who
are very handy when it comes to home repairs
and helping me out.

I now have one of  the four blocks quilted on my
"Twinkle, Twinkle" table topper.  Just wish my
stitches were a little more even.  Don't think I'll
have it finished by the 4th, but I can still enjoy it
throughout the summer.  We celebrate July 24th
here in honor of the arrival of the Pioneers so it
will still have a place of honor on my kitchen
table.













While out shopping last week, I found this wonderful
metal star at Shopko to hang by my door.  I have
wanted one for the longest time and couldn't pass it
up when all 4th of July items were on sale--60% off.
It will replace the wooden flag (repaired numerous
times) that has hung there during the summer for
many, many years.

















As I work on the table topper and as I hung the
star, couldn't believe that the 4th is just a week
away.  Doesn't seem like we've even had June
yet.  But, I do love our home town July 4th
celebration here!  So, best get back to quilting!

Hope your day is going well.
Nola

2 comments:

  1. You are very fortunate to have such handy children. I have one son that when he comes, he will fix anything, one son that lovees to clean cars, one son that will laz around....well a few of them...HA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that you have good children near by to help you out; that is such a blessings. I love your handiwork and the Star is awesome.
    I don't think I will be up and about to get any decoration for the 4th. I am hoping and praying that one of my daughters and family will be here for about 10 days. They were about to start out last night but their car air conditioner went out;so now it is in the shop.
    Sending prayers on this one.
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. It always brightens my day to know you were here. If you do not have a blog or are set at "no-reply" please leave your email address with your comment so I can reply. Nola